Monday, March 12, 2012

Why am I the WORST blogger in the world?

Let's just say it's because I'm ridiculously busy...that sounds better than because I'm lazy or too tired to write once the girls are asleep.

SO much life has happened since I last wrote, it feels like an insurmountable amount to try and catch up on! So instead, I will just highlight the current goings-on of the Skrove household.

On Friday, Savannah turned 4 months! Sometimes I can't believe she's already 4 months, and other times I can't believe she's ONLY 4 months old. She's approximately 15 pounds now, and I haven't measured her height recently but I'm betting she's pretty darn close to 26". That's right, my little girl is TALL for her age (I have no idea where she got that from). She has rolled over from belly to back and back to belly but won't do it consistently yet. She bears weight on her elbows and occasionally even on her hands when she is in tummy time position. She smiles, giggles, belly laughs and talks CONSTANTLY! Whenever we put her in a bouncy chair she instantly tries to sit up, but she's not strong enough yet. I think it will happen this month though! She still has very little hair, and like her big sister, she has eczema :0( Luckily we have been down this road before and are very good at taking the necessary steps to maintain her skin and eradicate most of the rash.

Scarlette turned 2 1/2 on Friday as well! She battled a pretty severe virus for about half of February, and only started getting better last week. Her little body handles colds and sickness very differently from ours, so she was not able to fight the virus off as quickly as we were. Now that she's feeling better she's pretty much back to her old self. She has been getting herself into tummy time while playing on the floor, which we are very excited about because she previously refused to stay in that position. We had a meeting today with the medical supply company representative and had Scarlette fitted for a therapeutic stroller, a stander and a bath chair. It's a little daunting and sad to know that she needs these things, but we are certain that she needs them and they will help her tremendously in strengthening her core and legs. We also feel very blessed that our insurance provides these things for us with little fight, that is not the case for many families who need this type of equipment.

There are a lot of changes occurring with Mitch and his career path, I don't quite know where to begin! We SHOULD find out this week whether or not he is board-eligible, that is, if he passed the E-7 exam with a high enough score his evaluation package will be submitted to a board of chiefs that will then determine whether or not he will be promoted. We also should find out this month or early next month whether or not the Navy will let him re-enlist. We want to re-enlist, but the Navy is trying to oust some of the impacted rates to make room for new, lower ranking sailors in other rates. It's not fair, but there's nothing we can do except pray that Mitch will be allowed to stay in. This month there are quite a few spots available for ET1's, so we are praying that this is his month! IF he does get one of the spots, then next month we will start to put in for orders to our next duty station. We are due to move from here next January. So far, the detailer will only talk to Mitch about moving to Virginia, so we are looking at Portsmouth/Virginia Beach area. However, there are a couple "hot-fill" billets in San Diego. Those are spots that for whatever reason they want people right away, and if we are willing to take those orders they may be willing to move us back to California! We are just praying that the Lord provides us with the wisdom to know where He wants us to go, and that wherever we end up is best for Scarlette and Savannah.

I have been pretty busy as well! Aside from the usual taxiing to and from the hospital and various appointments, I have taken up bow-making as a hobby. I have absolutely fallen in love with it and am having so much fun! This week I plan to start making some tutus for the girls and blinging out (putting rhinestones on) some pacifiers. I love crafting and it's a great way to help me unwind and destress. I also have been doing Zumba, an exercise dance class 3-4x a week. It's SO much fun and it's helping me lose weight at a steady, healthy pace. I'm totally and completely addicted to Zumba, and what makes it even more fun is my friends and I go together.

Probably the most exciting news I get to write down here, is that we will be in California in just ONE week! My little sister, Casey, is getting married! That makes me feel OLD! But we fly in Wednesday, the wedding is Friday and then we get to go to Disneyland on Saturday. We are so excited to see our family! This will be the first time that many of them will be meeting Savannah! And I know the wedding will be amazing. That reminds me, I better start working on my toast...On my list of things to do while I'm in California is: eat at In n Out, Del Taco, La Cocina, and Wolf Creek (all places that are NOT here). I hope there will be enough time to walk around the mall and maybe hit up some thrift stores while I'm there (the shopping in Cali is very different from here), and I absolutely cannot WAIT to go to Disneyland, EEEK I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it! My dad and stepmom are going to watch the girls for us so Mitch and I get an entire day to just spend with each other and have fun!

Well, that's the last 3 months in a nutshell! Hopefully I will be writing very soon!

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment