Tuesday, October 11, 2011

36 weeks today!


I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. In just 4 short weeks (approximately), Savannah will be here! It became an exciting reality when we rearranged the nursery yesterday to accomodate TWO cribs! Everything fit in the room really well, and I absolutely love the new layout. Having a second crib in the room has not affected the floor space at all, which is helpful because we do most of Scarlette's therapy in her (now their) room! The only furniture that had to be removed was the glider and ottoman, but we ended up putting that in our room, along with the bassinet because Savannah will probably be in our room for the first few months at the very least. The glider will be very helpful for nursing so it's nice to have it right next to my bed. Now that all the furniture has been moved around and taken out of storage I feel like it's just a countdown until she's here! I have started packing our hospital bags, and prepping all of her diapers (Savvy will be cloth diapered like her big sister, only this time I get to do it from newborn on!) We ordered her a carseat that should be here sometime this week, and we have our double stroller all set to go. As soon as I finish packing my hospital bags and cleaning the kitchen, living room and master bedroom from top to bottom we will be ready! I plan on working on that this week and next, and then doing absolutely nothing for the last two weeks! I have my 36 week appt tomorrow, and after that just one more appt until she's here!


We also have an incredibly busy October, with plans nearly every day! This week we have small group, Mitch has men's group, we are going to the pumpkin patch, dinner with friends on Saturday night, and hopefully going to pick up our new car tomorrow (I SO cannot wait!)!!!!!! Next week I have my women's group, a Stella and Dot Jewelry party, and we are taking Scarlette to see Disney Princesses on Ice, our last special outing as a family of three! The next week is a much quieter week, until Thursday, but then it's a costume party, international chocolate day play group, a Halloween Party and of course Halloween! and then it's NOVEMBER! And only a few days until we get to meet our sweet baby girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment