Friday, August 5, 2011

Homemade Kit Kat Bars!

This was super duper fun so I thought I would share!!!!!



You will need:


* 75 Club Crackers (I used reduced fat b/c that's all they had)

* 2 sticks unsalted butter (no substitutes!)

* 2 cups graham cracker crumbs

* 1 cup dark brown sugar

* 1/2 cup milk (I used regular)

* 1/3 cup granulated sugar

* 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter

* 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I doubled this amount)

* 1/2 cup butterscotch chips













First, take a 9x13 pan and layer club crackers on the bottom of the pan, you can break them to fit as necessary but I had no problem just puting 3 across and I believe it was about 8 each row.









Next, melt butter in saucepan, then put graham cracker crumbs, milk, brown sugar and sugar into the melted butter. Bring to a boil and let boil for five minutes. Then remove from heat. Spread half of mixture onto first layer of crackers, then add a second layer of crackers, repeat. You should have a total of 3 layers of crackers w/ 2 layers of mixture in between.










Next, mix chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter together. Spread over the top of your crackers. You need to either refrigerate overnight or put in the freezer for 1-2 hours. ENJOY!!!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment